Mon 6 Feb 2006
Taken from the nnobc mailing list.
The purpose of these roles is to design, write & test embedded communications software for 3rd generation mobile telephones. These challenging roles will involve support of a rapidly expanding portfolio of products including problem investigation & fixing as well as the ongoing development & enhancement of WCDMA Radio Access Network implementation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To take ownership of the idle measurement evaluation code, including error investigation & fixing, code development for improvements & optimistations, test harness development & answering ad-hoc enquiries. Also to provide general UE trace log analysis support, IWT on-site support and general support to other teams within WRAN.
Must have completed a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree or HNC/HND in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent area.
- A background in telecommunications
- Embedded and real time programming experience
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Basic C programming skills
- Willing and have the ability to travel abroad as and when require
- Good problem solving skills and be able to understand complex specifications
- Good attention to detail and have a proactive approach to work
- Able to work to tight timescales with changing and sometimes conflicting requirements and priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Able to write clear, concise and understandable reports
- Advanced C programming skills
- Experience of software development for Layer 1-3 communications protocols
- A background in 3G protocols
- Experience of software configuration management systems
- Appreciation of low level coding issues (eg h/w drivers, assembly code, DSP cores)
- Experience of real-time operating systems
- Experience of code optimisation for minimum cycles & memory
- An understanding of state machines
- Experience of developing Windows applications
- Experience of other languages: Visual C++, C#, Perl
EMEA Telecoms Manager
5th floor, Tubs Hill House, London Road,
Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1BL United Kingdom
tel. 0044 (0) 1732 468 005
cell. 0044 (0) 7908 859 578
fax. 0044 (0) 1732 469 367